Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Most of the irrigation water has soaked in, so I've opened Brownie's dog door (though of course it will stay muddy around the edge of the yard for an number of days.)



It's been an easy fast today - here it is almost dinner time, and I have yet to feel hungry, though I have been tired (and almost took a nap this afternoon.)  Still need to actually pack.



When I walked to the back house with Alex a little while ago (needed a couple of singles for the curbside luggage check-in tomorrow, and neither Tom nor I had any) and ended up meeting the new neighbors, Dad Josh, his son Sampson (maybe kindergarten age, who has 4 older brothers), and Grandpa Mike.  They were working on shoring up the fence between our properties so they can let their mastiff into the back.  Hope it's friendly!



Alex is also flying out tomorrow a couple of hours after I do - but is staying the night at a friend's close to the airport so he can't drive me.  He's going to call me an Uber (Tom is "willing" to drive me at 5:15, though of course he would rather not.)

No comments:

Post a Comment