Saturday, October 26, 2019

Yesterday I started back up with my gym routine.  
In one respect I was actually sort-of looking forward to it!



Later in the afternoon I walked Brownie, which is when I got this pic of a new giant tortoise in the front yard next to Jeannie's house.  Some time ago she had told me that her neighbors had giant tortoises (not sulcatas like Pokey, though she was unsure what kind they were.)  Now they have one more!



Also did some mucking/sweeping in the garage in order to put back things had needed to be moved so the new garage door rails could be installed.  Glad I didn't let Brownie 'help', because in the process I discovered a rather sizeable rat (happily quite dead) off to one side.  When Brownie has been out there, I've been very careful to make sure he was still inside the car (or safely headed into the back yard) before lowering the door; it was such an old system that it didn't have the safety feature of stopping when it encountered something.  Of course this new one does!



I grilled salmon for dinner, and this time I didn't burn it!



In the evening I caught up on the 3 missed episodes of A Million Little Things
another series I have been enjoying from the beginning.  


Still haven't had time to check out the movies on HBO or Cinemax, or any of the other movie stations Tom added while I was gone. Maybe this weekend!  So many series that people have recommended over the years were on HBO, so I might have a lot of catching up to do...



Have heard back from Bekkah, Sandy, and Allen re the photos I sent out yesterday, 
all of whom gave rave reviews.  


Am a tad surprised I haven't heard yet from Emily or Ed, though of course they are a 'tad' busy <g> with all the kids.  Since Maggie and Greta figured prominently in the photos I know they will love the pix!  and I' m sure Mom will enjoy seeing them once she gets her computer running again (the wifi in her apartment went out during my visit) though naturally I did share many of them with her at the time. 



Still haven't called my computer fix-it guy to see about dropping off the laptop to address the battery issue.  Maybe today?  Inconvenient as it is to be tethered to a wall plug, I still am not looking forward to being without my computer.  



In other technology 'news', when I got home Tuesday evening I plugged my iPad into the power strip that lives between the bed and desk so it would be all charged up by morning.  That was not the case - because I'd forgotten that I'd turned off the strip before I left for Maryland.  In my defense <g> the power button is tucked away at the far end and difficult to see, especially in my very tired state.


No comments:

Post a Comment