Sunday, October 6, 2019

Tom figured out how to get the garage door closed last night, 
so that was one less worry.  


I stayed up until 10 last night, and slept until a reasonable hour this morning.  However if the past is any indication I expect to be more exhausted today than yesterday.  Go figure!



Touched base with Mitch yesterday, and (as always seems to be the case) his life has been quite chaotic lately, with "funerals and family drama."  He's slammed this coming week, but the following week is on tap to finish the stucco and then paint the back house (and block wall.)  It's possible I could return from Maryland to find that project completed.... though bad luck does seem to follow him around, so I won't truly count on it.  And he's such a nice guy!



I've got lots on my schedule these next several days, beginning tomorrow, so think I'd better start getting organized and packing today.  The weather in Maryland has been crazy recently (who ever heard of temps in the high 90s there in October?!), so Mom suggested that I pack a little bit of everything.  I always pack too much, but this visit I may not have much of a choice.



The new mower blades arrived yesterday, but before Tom attaches them to the mower I want to use the old, chewed up ones at the lowest setting to mow over the stepping-stone path out back.  Irrigation has caused the dirt to build up on/around them so that now they are in essence sitting at about an inch "below" ground.  That of course just continues to trap water/dirt, and thus the grass just keeps encroaching on the stones.  Yesterday I did finish trimming the "carpet" that has crept over many of the stones, and if I can get rid of the dirt between them maybe I can slow down their disappearing act!



I'm enjoying the Crawdad book, and by bedtime last night was about halfway through.  I don't expect to have any difficulty finishing it before I leave this week, and then can hand it over to Alex.  I'm surprised (though of course quite happy!) he wants to read it; despite growing up in this family it would be an understatement to say that he's never been much of a reader.  But Tom gave the book such rave reviews he's willing to give it a try.  Too bad his hammock is trashed...


No comments:

Post a Comment