Thursday, October 10, 2019

This morning was a bit of a roller-coaster ride.



UP - woke 15 minutes before my alarm went off

DOWN - Alex was supposed to call Uber, then stay on the line with me until it came. Four calls to him between 5:02 and 5:10 went straight to voice mail

UP - Tom out of bed, dressed, with coffee in hand by 5:15 blast-off target time

DOWN  - an accident on I-17 caused a major slow-down, with traffic crawling, making us late to airport

UP - next in line curbside, next in line at security

DOWN  - every bag seemed to need to be checked, including mine (which then had to be run through again because I had not taken my iPad out of my carry-on.  I'd taken it out in May, and been told I didn't need to.

UP- arrived at gate as they were already boarding, but still in time to "use" my paid-for low number and snag my preferred seat.

Uneventful flight, no turbulence until we were getting ready to land, my luggage made the same trip I did, got my rental car without any problems, and arrived safely at Mink Hollow.  Sandy and I visited, then went to dinner.  Though I could easily go to bed now, I'm trying to make it to 10:00 (which is only 7:00 at home!)

No comments:

Post a Comment