Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Now that all my blue strips are cut I can forge ahead making sets of H blocks for Elena's quilt.  Did take a break from that yesterday and worked up a Halloween placemat.  Marcie had donated a couple of orphan blocks that didn't finish out at the correct size for group projects (because of really funky cutting directions!) and I found some fun focus fabrics in my stash.  The first one is ready for binding.




Last night I watched Can You Ever Forgive Me, which I enjoyed.  



After I returned it, and a couple of books, to the library this morning, Brownie and I stopped at the nearby park to explore.  We walked for about half an hour, and he obviously enjoyed all the new smells.  I was surprised that there weren't more dogs out walking, though a couple did arrive while we were there.  However it's such a large park that we didn't interact with any of them.  Brownie not only peed on every tree/bush/trash can in sight, he also left a hefty deposit for me to pick up.  FYI the bathrooms there have running water - but no soap.  Guess I need to add a few packets of wipes to my dog-walking bag.



On today's agenda is some yardwork, more sewing, and a possible trip to 35th Ave. this afternoon (my coupon is only good for another couple of days.)



Brownie needs his nails clipped, and I did think about taking care of that this morning.  However I've decided to put that off until Friday, when I hope the dog-food-coupon woman will be back at PetSmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment