Saturday, October 19, 2019

After an early dinner we watched a new Netflix, The Laundromat, with Meryl Streep, Antonio Banderas, Gary Oldman - as well as many other familiar faces.  

When a widow gets swindled out of insurance money, her search for answers leads to two cunning lawyers in Panama who hide cash for the superrich.

 

It was wonderfully done and we thoroughly "enjoyed" it - and though it's a sad commentary on the greed in the world I highly recommend it.



After the movie we still had time for Rummikub - and blueberry pie. 

 

Speaking of Rummikub, I forgot to boast about last night when I won all 3 games.  The first win was especially surprising since I was the last one to go down, when everyone else only had a few tiles left.  Tonight we only played 2 games, and though I just won 1 of them (Mom won the other), in the game I lost I was left holding only a single tile.  Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket...


No comments:

Post a Comment