Monday, March 1, 2021

Yesterday I completed another six string blocks. 


And there should be more in today's future!



 When I took a break from sewing I laid out some of the book covers with their spinal fabrics. I not only wanted to see how the colors would blend, but also get an idea of the overall effect of the finished blocks.  Here  are a handful of them, along with the current contenders for their titles.

On The Day You Were Born



But I wanted armadillos!
(yes, there's a back story)



Up, Up and Away
or possibly
Soar to New Heights



My Toy Chest



Pieces of the Puzzle



I <heart> PENGUINS!



It was so windy up at Snow Bowl yesterday (not surprising, given how blustery it was here) that they closed the lifts.  So Alex didn't snowboard after all, and ended up joining us for dinner.  



Later today he's driving me to the chiropractor, 
freeing up Tom to babysit the smoker today on its maiden run.  

These days Alex has a standing dinner date with friends on Mondays (at nearby Valle Luna), 
so he'll have to eat his brisket as leftovers... if we leave him any!


Yesterday Brownie celebrated his 2-year GotYaVersary in a quiet manner, though when I was coming into the kitchen before dinner I caught Tom getting ready to sneak him some cheese.


There is NO doubt in our minds that Brownie is much happier with us than with his former people and living conditions. He was seriously underweight so we know he didn't get enough to eat, and from his behavior (terrified of leashes, and afraid to come in the house) we are are "pretty sure" he spent his days tied up outside. 


Brownie has definitely brought us untold enjoyment over these past two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment