Sunday, March 14, 2021

Found out yesterday that Mom's apartment at Riderwood has been emptied and the keys turned in, which means one less hefty monthly expenditure for her estate.  


However in my mind at least the apartment still exists the way I last saw it on my final visit with Mom pre-Covid.  It was bright and cheery (windows along the length of 3 sides), and beautifully decorated with all of the family photos, her needlework, and various art media from their travels. 


An (on-line) auction for 'left-over' furnishings is scheduled for April. 


I am sorry that none of the family had room for her dining set, because the six seatbacks are upholstered with her needlepoint artwork of animals.  Guess I will just have to hope that someone out there will appreciate all of the diligent work that went into those creations, and then give them the good home they deserve!


Today is wide open, so there is a good chance of sewing and reading.  


The sun is also shining.  


Since it appears that we are done with the stormy weather ~

I'm thinking along these lines:

No comments:

Post a Comment