Thursday, March 18, 2021

My foot surgery is scheduled for next Thursday, on March 25.  That's Dad's birthday, and seems like a good omen.  If he was still with us he would be turning 102; his younger brother, my Uncle Allen, will turn 99 two days later.

I called Marilyn today to wish her a happy birthday.

We talked about her new chickens, and my upcoming surgery.  When I told her I expected some lingering effects (even if the surgery is totally successful) like "warmings" about upcoming weather, she sent me this:

She hadn't yet opened her gift when we talked, but later wrote to thank me, saying she is "entirely amused and can't wait to use them."  


This afternoon I got the borders attached to the Cat in the Hat quilt, and I'm definitely happy with how that project is turning out. Tomorrow, when Perri is here for our "Sew Day" (though I think she's just bringing stuff to cut), I plan to start tearing the paper off of the 90 string blocks.  Maybe I'll get to the point where I can throw them up on the design wall and we can play at arranging them?

We will need to take a break from our hard work for lunch, and have planned an outing to Wildflower.  Tom has declined to join us, but "may" let me bring back something for him.


Wanda wanted to do lunch today (while I'm still driveable) but I had a mid-day chiro appointment so sadly that didn't work out.



Now it's time to start my latest library book.
Both Marilyn and Rachelle have given it excellent reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment