Wednesday, March 17, 2021

 It was wonderful to be back with "the girls" at Busy Bees, and everyone (there were 15 of us, socially distanced among five tables and wearing masks) was glad to see me.  Not sure when I'll be mobile enough to get back again post-surgery, so naturally I was happy I made it today!

Next month's BOM is this umbrella block.  I'm pretty sure I have some umbrella fabrics that will work great, though the real trick may be putting my hands on it!


Kona's Color of the Year for 2021 is a turquoise named Horizon.


Betsy had a packet of squares and passed out three to each of us.  


For the challenge we are to make a block whose name starts with the same first letter as our name.  I have more blue than any other color, so it should be easy to find fabrics that coordinate.  Shortly after arriving home I went onto Quilter's Cache looking for the perfect "B" block, though (as expected) it's hard to choose just one!



I also grabbed a couple of fun patterns off of the Freebie table.




Show & Tell is always the favorite part of meetings.  The ladies approved of my penguin placemats, the (in progress) Cat in the Hat, and My Father's Bookshelf  (which had just arrived 'back home' yesterday.) 





Here are just a few of the goodies the other ladies brought in.


Donna:





Grace:



Sharon: 



Louise:



Dr. Elebrashi called with the results of yesterday's CT, which <sigh> showed an added wrinkle.  


Blood flow to one bone is possibly compromised, and may need to be fused to the adjoining one to re-establish adequate blood supply.


  At this point I'm waiting to hear about a date for surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment