Monday, March 8, 2021

My Monday has started off in a positive manner.  

Since 'driving' my sewing machine has been going so well I tried a test run to the library, when (happily!) my foot did not complain at all, even when braking.  


Braking, of course, had been my primary concern!

It's a relief to no longer need to depend on others for a ride.


  
I am looking forward to getting lost in the new Kristen Hannah novel I picked up, though since it's about the Great Depression I do expect a fair amount of misery.


Then, since driving to the library was painless,

I figured I'd run another errand.   

I dropped off Brownie at the house (didn't know how long it'd take, and it is definitely warming up these days; yesterday we hit 89!) and grabbed Marilyn's birthday package.  Despite today being  Monday, which is often one of the busier days at the post office, there was hardly anyone there. 

 That made it easier to park close to the entrance. Then, with only one person in line ahead of me, I was in and out in short order.  Her birthday gift should arrive by Friday.


Back at home I called Sun Radiology to check and see if last week's insurance snafu had been cleared up.  Naturally I was delighted to hear that the okay has come through, so now I'm all set to keep that  noon appointment tomorrow for my MRI.  


And this time Tom won't even need to drive me.  


He'll be having his own brand of fun tomorrow, setting the gates on 35th Ave. and then monitoring our  two hours of irrigation.  In preparation for that he did a bunch of mowing and weed-eating yesterday, so (parts of) the property look spiffy.  I'm guessing there is more mowing and weed-eating on his agenda today, when at least it'll be about 5 degrees cooler.  



Here it is still fairly early in the morning and already I've crossed three things off of my To Do list. After a bit of a rest for my foot I am thinking about driving over to Target for a few essentials that Tom has not been able to find at the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment