Thursday, March 25, 2021

 Surgery went well, and I was home by noon.


Everything stays like this until I see doc in a week for a post-op check, then stitches should come out a week after that.


Barring complications I SHOULD be able to start some weight-bearing in 6 weeks - so my June 1 guesstimate for walking seems reasonable. I am SO ready for that to happen!



I'm following my post-op instructions to keep my foot elevated,
and ice behind the knee to help keep swelling down.



There is pain, so while I had hoped to avoid having to take any opiates, at the doc's 'suggestion' I'm taking one oxycodone every four hours "for at least the first 24 hours" to stay ahead of the pain. (On the plus side it's the lowest dosage.) After that I'll see if I can get by with something OTC and get to waste the rest of the bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment