Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Shortly after it started raining this morning Alex texted "hail".  Different weather at his place?  Maybe it's like when it is raining on one side of the street but not on the other - or maybe he was elsewhere.


My MRI results had been e-mailed to me as a two-page PDF, a format which does not allow me to copy/paste the pertinent sections. Despite a Google search (when I did try a number of different things before I gave up) or watching a "helpful" video, I was not able to achieve success.


So here is my (round-about, low-tech) solution!  

Step 1 - open e-mail, print out copy of PDF

Step 2 - take photograph with camera

Step 3 - save photo from memory card to laptop 

Step 4 - Open in PAINT, crop, and save just the section I want

Step 5 - insert into my blog


Hey, at least it worked for me, which is more than I can say 

after Google did not come to the rescue! 


Just don't tell Alex, because he'll insist there's an "easier" way to do it.


Elizabeth, with Simon Med, called.  I was happy when I thought it was to confirm today's appointment, but it wasn't... because it turned out that I hadn't actually 'made' one.  She just had a question about the order the doc sent over, but then was willing to make an appointment for me.  Unfortunately today was already filled, and the sole opening tomorrow conflicted with Busy Bees. And I was so looking forward to going again, for the first time in a year!  


But when Elizabeth realized I wouldn't need a full half-hour slot then she looked again and *BINGO!* found a15-minute spot to slide me into this afternoon, at 2:15.  


Then, just a couple of minutes later, my cellphone rang.  Though it showed an unfamiliar number, for some reason I still answered it.  A male voice asked if I was Roberta, and I answered, "It depends."  He laughed, and told me I'd won a million dollars -


I laughed and offered to sell him some ocean-front property in Arizona.  

I've got some ocean front property in Arizona
From my front porch, you can see the sea
I've got some ocean front property in Arizona
If you'll buy that, I'll throw the Golden Gate in free


That call turned out to be from Paul, the tech at Simon Med, who saw that my CT order was stat. Since he could see that my scan would only take five minutes he suggested I come over and he'd slide me in.  I wondered aloud why his call didn't show up as Simon Med (I had entered that second number just so I'd know if they called) and turns out he was using a direct line.


I went right over. It took longer to fill out the paperwork (WHY is it always necessary to fill in all the insurance info since they take a picture of the cards at the front desk when you check in?) than to do the scan.  




At least as soon as I had turned the clipboard back in to the front desk Paul collected me, and a few minutes later I was done and out the door.  From the time I walked in until I was good to go was less than 20 minutes!




With PetSmart "right there" I stopped in to pick up Brownie's wet food.  Not only were they out of it on the shelf (and in the back storeroom), but further checking showed that their supplier is also out!  That did not bode well for Brownie, but I'm hoping that these substitutes will be acceptable.


The cost is the same as his Royal Canin pouches - 
and the first 8-10 ingredients in each are real food!


No comments:

Post a Comment