Sunday, March 7, 2021

 Yesterday afternoon Brownie made a trip to PetSmart for dog food. 

He took Tom along to pay.  


The good news is that both Brownie's wet and dry varieties were in stock,


so now we are once again stocked up on dog food and good to go for a while. 



Apparently yesterday there was some "discussion" 

between Brownie and a German Shepherd...


and Tom didn't think Brownie truly enjoyed his visit there yesterday.


 This afternoon should be more fun for Brownie... 


because Mary is coming over to take him for a walk.


I spent some time yesterday reading poolside, and thought of Rachelle when I got too warm in the sun; our temps got into in the mid-80s again.   

That's when I headed back inside to resume sewing.  The past two nights (with not nearly enough sleep) were starting to take their toll and I was definitely not feeling my best. But even in my state of reduced mental capacity I knew it was not worth risking making a disastrous mistake joining the tails just so I could finish up the bindings.  

It seemed much more prudent to work on some more string blocks instead, though of course I have proved that they are not idiot proof - and certainly not Bobbi-proof.  

Given that I was working with reduced brain function it was not all that surprising when (once again) I sewed two blocks together and had to rip. 

The real bummer was that once I'd been 'reminded' of that very definite possibility

not very much later I managed to do the exact same thing again!  


Eventually <g> I finished up those four blocks and added them to the growing pile.  


But even though I have enough Dipsy Dots left for a (semi?) final six blocks...


  I wisely <g> decided that I should be done sewing for the day.


In the early evening Tom and I started watching a documentary, Shackleton's Captain.  

It was well-done, incorporating a lot of original photos and video footage along with the recreation of the expedition.  But thought I actually found it quite fascinating


unfortunately I still found myself struggling to keep my eyes open. 

So instead of falling asleep on the couch I just headed to bed early. 


Then, with the help of a little pill at 2:30, I finally got a better night's sleep.


Joining those pesky tails are on this morning's agenda.



Also on today's agenda: Tom is smoking two more hefty slabs of meat today, pork (for Alex and him) and beef for me.  I expect some wonderfully enticing aromas will be wafting across the porch soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment