Saturday, March 13, 2021

 Yesterday I awoke to rain here, so it was a good day to stay inside.  Snowbowl got 14" new snow (with more expected today) which means Alex should have great conditions for today's trip to go boarding.  The expected high in Flag is only 34, and of course it will be even colder up on the mountain.  (Didn't hear about wind in the forecast, so maybe that won't be too bad?)  Those temps are way too frigid for me (guess which person represents me in this picture?) but Alex doesn't seem to mind.  


Today's forecast here isn't much better, which is a definite bummer for the scheduled PAQA sale (outside, in a parking lot.)  Even if it doesn't actually rain (and I've been waiting for it to get light to see just how menacing the sky looks) the weather will no doubt keep some shoppers away.  And if it's really threatening, some of the vendors may not even show up.  



I did finish the two placemats (still need to join the tail on the hot pad) yesterday morning.  


What amazed me was how many of the binding joins ended up right at the corners.  Naturally that's always a possibility, and happens on occasion, but for this project it happened on an astonishing number of the 12 corners.   (Of course if I was trying to accomplish that I would never be able to.)



My phone was sure busy yesterday considering how many days I don't hear a peep out of it.  


Lola, from the Washington Post, called several times to confirm things regarding Mom's article. Joy called because we have been trying to set up a visit in the backyard; yesterday was certainly not that day! Sharon called to check up on me (she'd seen me on the Colourwerx zoom, and since it was clear I was horizontal on my bed she wanted to make sure I was okay.)  Marilyn wanted to let me know that her birthday gift had arrived (though she's waiting for her birthday next week to open it.) 




There were some fun patterns showcased during Thursday's Colourwerx lecture, like Mod Dog.  AQG members can get a discount now, though I don't need any more patterns/projects. 



But if I was "forced" to choose <g>, these are the likely ones.   







Perri won a free pattern during one of the drawings.




Melodie swung by (with granddaughter Ariel) to pick up the "spine" fabrics for embroidering the book titles, so I'm moving ahead on that project.  Ariel is a beginning quilter, and I have invited her to come back (maybe next time Melodie needs to pick up or drop off at Jeannie's?) to "shop" my scraps.  However Ariel will have a less flexible schedule soon since she will be going back to in-person school (4th grade) after next week's Spring Break.  


It's a toss-up as to who is happier about that, the kids or the parents/grandparents.



It isn't actually raining at the moment, and I can see some blue sky peeking out from behind the clouds from where I'm sitting on the couch. However that view is to the west, and the true test is how it looks to the south.


"Having plans sounds like a good idea 

until you have to put on clothes and leave the house."

No comments:

Post a Comment