Friday, March 19, 2021

This morning I filled out LOTS of pre-surgery paperwork done on-line which took quite a while (though typing is much easier than writing by hand at the surgery center) and then will be doing the required covid test on Monday.  

Here's what's currently planned for Thursday, and (assuming there are no surprises!) is expected to take about 90 minutes: Repair of right dislocated Lis Franc Joint; Repair of right 2nd metatarsal fracture; Possible Fusion of right 2nd tarsometatarsal joint




Perri and I had a delightful time together today. So wonderful to be able to get together with friends again!  She worked on cutting out some projects -


Cute fabric for the wallet she's making for her cat-loving daughter.


And I made progress removing the paper backing from my scrap string blocks.


Macie popped by (to drop off something for Tom) and visited with us for a bit.  I showed her some of the things I've been working on (because they do look better in person) and I was pleased when she approved on my Book Nerd blocks.




Lunch at The Wildflower was yummy (as usual) though sadly they've changed the menu and removed my favorite turkey/cranberry salad!  I ended up ordering the Southwest Superfood salad, which turned out to be scrumptious and will be my salad of choice from now on.  

 Southwest Superfood


Sugar, filtered water, heavy cream, dark chocolate, baking soda, baking powder, cream stabilizer, milk all come before flour!




I brought Tom home a tuna sandwich (he was invited to join us, but declined) and then we split the cake for dessert.  Neither one of us is hungry for dinner.




In the afternoon I finished peeling the paper from the rest of the string blocks while I watched Iron Jawed Angels.

"Iron Jawed Angels" tells the remarkable and little-known story of a group of passionate and dynamic young women, led by Alice Paul (Hilary Swank) and her friend Lucy Burns (Frances O'Connor), who put their lives on the line to fight for American women's right to vote. 




Anxious to see how the quilt would look, I put 64 blocks up on my design wall.  (There will be an additional two rows of height, but I couldn't reach any higher.)


Tomorrow I plan to start sewing the rows together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment