Tuesday, March 9, 2021

I made it to Target yesterday. and though I spent more than I planned 

I still came in under $100.... 


so didn't get back much change breaking that hundred dollar bill!


I hadn't found one of the motorized carts, and my foot got tired out from all the walking around the store.  Then, in the parking lot, I couldn't squeeze my cart in between my car and the one next to it so I was making repeated 'trips' to load my bags into the backseat. When that car's owner appeared I apologized for being so slow (my general speed these days) and she offered to help load the remainder of my bags - and then returned my car to the corral.

Of course helping me did get her out of there sooner....


Yesterday I also swept the porches.


Everything just takes so much longer using a crutch! 


But then I was done being productive for the day!



It was time to sit outside and read!


The lounge was in the shade alongside the wall (where Tom had moved it off the deck to make way for the smoker.)  With our warmer temps I wasn't in search of sun and left it where it was.  


Returning to her crate in the late afternoon Pokey did attempt to squeeze in between, and she certainly made a very valiant attempt! 



But with my added weight on the lounge she wasn't able to bulldoze her way forward, her usual method of moving through Life.


 Eventually she figured it out...



put it into reverse, and went around me. 



Our movie for last evening was The Dig.  It turned out to be a little slow for Tom, but still interesting - and all the more so when we discovered during the credits at the end that it was based on a true story.



The Dig is a 2021 British drama film based on the 2007 novel of the same name by John Preston, which reimagines the events of the 1939 excavation of Sutton Hoo. Suffolk landowner Edith Pretty hires local self-taught archaeologist-excavator Basic Brown  to tackle the large burial mounds at her rural estate in Sutton Hoo near Woodbridge.  The small team makes a groundbreaking discovery. 



I should be able to get a fair amount of stuff done around the house this morning (with irrigation scheduled Tom can't sleep in) before heading to my MRI at noon.  At ten (!) weeks today my right food still remains somewhat swollen, and is also a different color than the left one.  Obviously "something" is going on with it!



I just wonder if the MRI will provide any helpful answers.


No comments:

Post a Comment