Sunday, March 14, 2021

First thing I attacked this morning was the binding for my scrap gecko, who has been hanging out patiently waiting for well over a year.

On the the very first corner, however, I 'managed' <g> to line up the strip-seam exactly...


But despite the extra bulk, the corner turned out looking okay, 
both front and back.




In preparation for the Cat in the Hat school raffle quilt, this morning I washed the two red fabrics with some color catchers.  


Good thing!



I strip-pieced to construct these squares, which will finish at 10" -


and also cut a stack of squares from the fun focus fabric. 


While I still need more squares (I'm aiming for a twin size quilt) I just couldn't wait to play around with a possible arrangement and see how everything looked together.  And now I have some idea of how many more strip sets I'll need to construct. 


Feel like I'm off to a good start with this project, and plan to get more strip blocks made tomorrow, though I do have that doc appointment in the morning.  I've also started thinking about what I have in my stash that will work for the border.  The goal is to make a happy quilt that all the kids want.

No comments:

Post a Comment