Monday, June 10, 2019


Yesterday my computer locked up, with a message that Microsoft had detected spyware and a virus.  I was unable to fix the issue (did call the number on the screen, but was not about to give access to my computer.)  



Foiled from wasting time on the computer, I got my baby quilt top finished (still need to find backing fabric) while I watched the rest of Ken Burns' Civil War documentary.



Chatted with Mom (first Sunday in a while she hasn't done brunch with the family) and caught up on things at her end.  The apartment is coming together, slowly but surely.



Brownie came back inside yesterday sans harness... 
NO clue how he managed to do that!  



The backyard was seriously in need of mowing, 
but at least the harness is red which helped me find it. 

 
Wanda called Bobbi's Boutique yesterday <g> wondering if I had any fabric in my stash with big vehicles/machines.  (She wants to make a quilt for an upcoming 3rd birthday, and that's what the little guy is currently into.)  I went through my stacks of kid fabrics, and then my cabinet of bundles of panels w/coordinating fabrics, but didn't have anything that fit the bill.  I did, however, bump into a number of things I'd forgotten about!



I was up at 4:00 again today, and had planned to mow at first light.  However since the mower is parked by the back house (and Alex's truck was there, indicating his presence) I didn't think he would appreciate a noisy start-up that early.  He did come over around 7:00 to print a parking permit for their hike today, and while he was unable to get the printer to work <GRRRRRRR!> he did unlock my computer.


Though I couldn't mow right away, I could do some raking and tackle some of the trimming.  Not only did I stuff both cans to overflowing for today's pickup, but may fill one back up right after it gets emptied this morning with the rest of what I've already trimmed - and I never even got to the major hedge!



Switching gears, I mowed the backyard (it looks SO much better now!)  I also did the east front yard before I decided I was done outside for the day. The west yard is on tap for mowing tomorrow, as well as the Back 40.



After my shower I decided it was time for breakfast - which is when it dawned on me that I had been  out working in the yard and missed feeding Brownie his breakfast!  Here it was 10:00, three hours 'past due' feeding time, and he wasn't even pestering me.


No comments:

Post a Comment