Monday, June 24, 2019

After I attached the happy red binding to the baby quilt yesterday I was able to start on the blind-stitching while watching some old movies on TV (including All About Eve, which I'd never seen) and later my current Netflix, Pick of the Litter, a documentary about the raising and training of guide dogs for the blind which follows this "P" litter (Patriot, Phil, Poppet, Potomac, and Primrose) from birth.  I hadn't realized what a small percentage in the GDB program make it all the way through; most end up "career changed", a polite way of saying they washed out.  Watch the trailer for a dose of cuteness!





Brownie's nails were way overdue for a trimming, so yesterday Marcie stopped by to help me with that.  She held him while I did the deed - at least his back paws.  He was not at all happy with me trimming them but I did manage get those done.  His front paws, more sensitive, were a different story. While neither of us got bitten (we did try to tie his mouth shut with a stocking) it was just too stressful for him - and thus also for me.  I see a trip to the groomer in his future, where they have better restraints.



I was up WAY too early this morning... at 3:00! 

  

Of course I did try to go back to sleep, 
but by 4:00 it was sadly evident that wasn't going to happen.  



So at first light I headed outside to do yet more yardwork.  Both cans are now filled to overflowing, and the front yard and 37th Ave. look much better.  And I still have plenty of time to get more things done around the house before heading off for my routine appointment with the oncologist.  Happily I'm one of her "boring" patients.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment