Monday, June 3, 2019

Wrote this yesterday afternoon - but it never actually got posted.


So much for my plan not to turn on the A/C until we hit triple digits.  


By mid-morning and I was feeling sluggish.  The thermostat already read 84, so I set it for 80 and then hit the "ramp up your electric bill" button.  



NO surprise that after it kicked in I was much more comfortable 
while working hard on the baby quilt.  



I worked up a test block of flying geese for the border with the original fabric I had settled on, but when all was said and done I didn't like the way it seemed to clash with the panel.  So I searched my stash for a different fabric and made up another test block - which I like much better. 



Mom called me back this afternoon since she couldn't talk this morning.  The brunch was a success, and (as often happens) it ended up with a larger group than she expected.  Apparently she got her money's worth... the kids never seemed to get full!



As of Friday Mom has 'graduated' from the home nurse, PT, and OT visits, so even though she'll be continuing therapy downstairs as an outpatient she should have more time.  She's already gotten back to her Rummikub games, and is starting bridge again this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment