Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Yesterday included much time spent puttering around the house, when I got a long list of little things done before I headed out to run some errands.  First stop was the copy shop (after I'd found the right alphabet and printed up the names I needed blown up.)  While that was being done I popped next door to the quilt store and found some frog-green for the charity quilt borders.  (I was surprised to see Sherri there; she usually takes Mondays off, but Toni was indisposed and couldn't work.)  Last stop was the pharmacy/grocery store, and later in the afternoon I popped over to the lab for a routine blood draw.



I made progress on Andy's birthday gift - but when I went to trace the names so I could applique them on I realized that they hadn't been printed backwards after all.  


That means after the gym today I'll have to swing back over there.  Obviously I hadn't noticed that they weren't printed the way I needed them when I picked them up yesterday, probably because I was zooming.  Mitch had called right around the time I was heading out, and said he was going to be over  in an hour. I had a couple of small things for him to do in the house before he started on the stucco so I wanted to be home, and actually postponed a couple of the errands (gas station, bank) until today, but he didn't actually show up for several hours.



Good thing the tire covers for Alex's truck are slated to arrive in a few days; the towel he draped over one of them has already fallen off, and towels certainly won't withstand the winds that will accompany the summer monsoon.  One of the books I ordered for Tom's birthday arrived yesterday, and it looks like a good one!  Still waiting on the 'replacement' earrings I ordered.  



Yesterday's mail brought my returned check from Foothills.  Marcie had teased me about waiting until the last minute to pay (of course I hadn't been at the May meeting, and assumed I hadn't had my checkbook at the April meeting) but Karen says I did pay my dues already.



While I was working in the Back 40 this morning (it was blissfully 'cool' when I went out at first light, though that didn't last once the sun was actually up) Brownie met up with a gray cat behind the hedge.  Of course I couldn't witness the interaction, just heard the cat's displeasure, though luckily it got away and was up and over the gate by the irrigation box.  Brownie, who escaped mauling (maybe the cat is declawed?) was disappointed that it didn't stay to play, and hung out back there for a long time obviously hoping it would return.


No comments:

Post a Comment