Sunday, June 23, 2019

On yesterday's drive to Prescott I heard the I-17 traffic alert on the radio 5 seconds (literally!) before I caught up to it.  I didn't experience the advertised "possible heavy smoke", but the blackened ground was smoldering right up to edge of highway.  (At least I-17 was still passable; on my drive home I heard that highway 87 was closed south of Payson, and all traffic being turned around.)



I'd fed Brownie right when I got up yesterday so that he would have time to 'take care of business' before the drive, but he was quite antsy.  So I took a break from the crawling traffic and walked him at the Sunset Point rest area.  While he did take the opportunity to sprinkle on everything in sight,  apparently he didn't need to do anything else.  Maybe he was just excited to be going on his first long car ride, wondering where we were going to end up?


 Listened to this "How I Built It" segment during the drive, and got quite a laugh about the assembly requirement: in 30 minutes by a single mom, on Christmas Eve, after a glass of wine.


Listening to that engineer made me think about ways to attach Brownie's blue dog bed onto the front seat, before we head to Colorado, to help keep him from sliding off during turns.  



I missed my turn for the quilt store in Prescott Valley because I was only checking street names at intersections with lights - which it turns out that Valley View Rd. doesn't have.  But it was just as well because even without that stop it ended up being after 11:30 by the time I got to Prescott.  (So much for my plan of getting there early and snagging a close parking spot.  I ended up several blocks away, so was glad I'd decided to bring my boot.)



While not everyone on the Square had brought a dog with them, as usual there were a very large number in attendance.  Brownie did extremely well at his first event, and made friends with everyone within leash radius, people and dogs alike.  (All that stimulation must have worn him out, because he slept the whole ride home.)  It was a fun day of music (and shopping at the dog booth!)  I did leave early enough to make it to the quilt shop just before they closed at 4:00, though can't say I'm taken with their RBR.



Marcela called last night for a chat before I'm incommunicado in Colorado.  We were on the phone for a long time, because somehow <g> we never run out of things to gab about!



Heading to bed last night (barefoot of course) I noticed what looked like a small piece of dried leaf on the bedroom floor.  I started to reach down to pick it up to drop into the trashcan, but for some reason I had second thoughts.  That turned out to be a very good idea - because it was a scorpion. Luckily neither of us got stung, though Brownie had approached it to sniff at it.  



Today I am catching up on some much needed housework before Tom arrives home (not that he's truly likely to notice.)  In between lots of mucking and organizing chores I have been sweeping and mopping the floors.  The house looks/feels spiffier already.



On Tuesday Lynn is going to print up a fabric quilt label for the baby quilt, so one of the things on today's list was to make up one to run through her printer.  When it came out way too large, I resized it and tried again, but it printed out the same size.  And is anyone else surprised that the third time was not the charm?



I had also noticed that the printer menu listed two Canon printers, looking the same except with one labeled "Copy 1".   Giving up on printing the label, I thought it would be a good idea to make more room in the system by deleting the copy.... 


And thus now I have no printer installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment