Thursday, June 20, 2019

There's never a shortage of yardwork (which I'd much rather do than housework) so I was back at it early this morning.  First thing I tackled was sweeping porches post-irrigation while Brownie supervised.     


That shade took a beating during the monsoon last summer, so on my way home from my DEXA scan today I plan to stop in at Home Depot for a new one, as well as a pull-down shade so I can (after 18 months!) finally construct my replacement design wall.  Our orchid tree, which also took a beating last summer, is obviously quite happy.



Last evening the back patio (which wasn't nearly this clean then before I swept this morning) was the scene of much interest to Brownie.  He spied something through the window behind the bush, but with the dog door closed off wasn't able to immediately investigate until I let him out.  Pretty sure it was a lizard (spotted one after I pulled out the chest of drawers) and though Brownie tried for the longest time to find it he never did.



Did sweep all the other porches, and then  tried out our new electrical outlet - 
which works just fine.


This is as far as the cord (without any extension) would reach, 
but of course I can use one from Tom's shop to finish up.



Now it's time for a shower and breakfast before I'm off for this morning's scheduled scan (plus walk-in chest x-ray) before Monday's routine follow-up with the oncologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment