Saturday, June 22, 2019

Tom called to check in last evening.  Apparently it's still winter at Carlo's (near Twin Falls, Idaho) despite what the calendar says.  Yesterday morning when Tom woke up (he's sleeping in the truck) it was only 34, so no wonder he's all bundled up.  He's planning to start for home on Monday, in theory arriving here on Tuesday - though some years he just drives on through.  He said he's definitely ready for some warmer temps, though I wonder just how long it will take for him to be missing that northern weather...



And speaking of cooler weather, I checked today's forecast for Prescott and it will only be hit 75 by this afternoon, with winds up to 13 mph.  No telling just how cool it will be on my drive up there this morning, but obviously it should be a lot less stressful to leave Brownie in the car briefly while I pop into the quilt store in Prescott Valley to pick up my first 2019 Row-By-Row pattern, which this year is food-themed.



When I picked up my quilt at The Pig yesterday Ellen was there with her applique group, and she was quilting a RBR from several years ago, owls on a blooming saguaro.  I love it (and Mary would also) though my cellphone pic certainly does NOT do it justice.  It's difficult to see just how many teeny-tiny pieces make up the owls and the cactus, and the fabrics are truly vibrant.




After dinner last night (I grilled steaks, and made corn-on-the-cob) I did more work in the yard, mostly raking up the various piles from my earlier trim-a-thon, until it got too dark to see.  Took a nice soak in the hot tub before bedtime, though the temperature gauge is acting squirrelly.  The other day I turned it down, but for some reason it keeps reverting back to 102 (from 98.)  I see a phone call to Shane in my future!  

No comments:

Post a Comment