Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Wasn't feeling terribly enthusiastic at the gym yesterday, 
so it was a pretty lackadaisical workout.  



On the drive home I stopped to pick up my Rx (even the refill I had just phoned in that morning was ready) and the two of them together came to a less-than-whopping $5.  



I had just walked in the door when Alex called to say his plane had touched down, so Brownie and I headed off to the airport.  After collecting him at Terminal 3 we did have to swing by Terminal 4 so he could run in to American Airlines to take care of, in person, that free voucher he'd gotten recently for giving up his seat.  Surprisingly I didn't get 'chased' during the five or ten minutes that Brownie and I waited curbside.



Alex will be using that voucher to fly to Michigan the end of the month for a festival he's always wanted to attend - but tickets always sold out too fast.  

ELECTRIC FOREST (June 27-30)
By far, the biggest and most internationally acclaimed festival on Michigan's Top 10 list, Electric Forest draws 45,000 fans and hippies from across the globe for electronic music, jam bands, a mix of pop and soul artists, and an absolutely eye-popping art installation in the magical Sherwood Forest. 
The festival sold out in record time in early December.


Recently Alex had helped out someone from that festival - and as a result the guy gifted him 3 better-than-VIP passes!  As if that wasn't enough, in addition Alex and his buddies will also be getting food, and lodging, plus a number of other quite considerable perks.  So not only will he get to attend, but it won't cost him a penny!  



Irrigation went well  yesterday.  Happily the front yard got a deep watering - and Alex took care of letting the water go for me.  I forgot to close off the dog door, so Brownie came bounding in all wet.  Haven't yet had the carpets cleaned, but at some point it will be crucial to remember to do that!



Alex and I took Brownie for a walk up 37th, and got to Sara and Dan's "farm" (they foster rescue animals for the Humane Society) just as two vehicles, each with a young child, were pulling up to visit.  The donkey, pigs, and chickens all came over to the fence to visit (for some reason the goats were penned up) which of course delighted the kids.  


I hadn't noticed that the donkey was missing part of its ear 
until Alex pointed that out. 



Recently there was a post on the neighborhood site from Edie (who lives even closer than we do <g>); apparently someone has complained to the city about the parked vehicles along the back wall, and as a result it sounds like a block wall will be going up.  If their two closest neighbors have no problem why is it such an issue for others?   Along with so many folks we really enjoy seeing the animals, but once a wall goes up we won't be able to 'visit' them any more.



Alex and I went to dinner at Carrabba's last night, and (as always) thoroughly enjoyed our dinners.  Since I couldn't finish my meal I even have some leftover Mahi Wolfe for lunch today.  (Tonight's dinner is taken care of since I'll be at Book Club.)


Just wish I hadn't woken up before 4:00 this morning - 
and hope I don't nod off at Cheri's tonight!




No comments:

Post a Comment