Wednesday, June 19, 2019

At Busy Bees this morning there were no snacks because both hostesses had spaced it out - and when I went to take pix during Show & Tell, it turned out that after loading pix this morning I had spaced out putting the memory card back in my camera.    



Luckily Donna just happened to have an extra one with her 
that she loaned me.  Thank you!



I liked the fleece hanger covers that Louise showed.  They help keep clothes from slipping off, so I hope they are as easy to make as they seem.  Would make great gifts!



Ada brought some quick charity quilts 
made from fabrics that needed to be kept whole.




Sharon made this cute Row-By-Row 
from a pattern she picked up on her travels last summer.



This border gives extra interest to a simple quilt.


Her inner border was constructed from the snippets 
that she trimmed off of her main blocks.



Pennie's quilt turned out stunning.



Carol's star setting is very effective!



Betsy is working on some scrappy blocks.



Laura finished her block from the packets we got 
after the Hawaiian quilt trunk show.



Monica's step-son asked her to do something with a stack of hand-embroidered blocks his mom had sewn on denim squares.  It turned out stunning!




After the meeting ended I picked up lunch at In-N-Out Burger (have been craving one of their cheeseburgers) and then went out front to weed while the ground was still wet from yesterday.  When a scraggly (homeless?) man walking by tossed his empty bottle, I called him on it.  


He became VERY verbally abusive, screaming all sorts of vile things (and shooting me a moon) though he did continue on his way toward 35th.  I actually called the police, thinking from his behavior that it was entirely possible he is mentally ill, and was concerned he might turn around and head back this way.  Happily he didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment