Sunday, June 30, 2019

Yesterday (despite numerous mechanical issues with my sewing machine) I almost finished the mesh watermelon tote.  Just have to close up the bottom, though I can't remember the "best" way to square it off.  


I see a phone call to Wanda in my future... 



Also had to make a quick trip over to The Pig when Cindy called; she said she could only squeeze 8 of the placemats onto the backing I had brought over, and needed some additional fabric.  I went to my stash, and was relieved to find more yardage of the same watermelon fabric.


Then I zoomed right over.  


I had been somewhat surprised by her call, first of all that she was even starting on my project (she had 'warned' me that she had a number of quilts that she needed to get done by this weekend) and second of all I thought I had given her more than enough for the backing.  Turns out I was right!



Cindy has definitely been working too hard (I suggested she take a break for the rest of the day and relax with her feet up enjoying a nice glass of tea) because once there I noticed that the fabric was doubled over... so of course she did have (more than) enough after all.  



Though she was very apologetic for making me drive "all the way over" <G> 



I was just glad to see that I'm not the only one 
who makes that kind of mistake!



In the evening I watched the CNN documentary 
about the Apollo 11 moon landing.


That summer of '69 I was attending the summer quarter at Northwestern University.  Way back then NO one had TVs in the dorm, so I don't remember how/where I watched all the excitement.


Where were YOU?



I do, however, remember that the astronauts were much too excited to wait for the scheduled timing of the moon walk (which was certainly no surprise to me!) and moved up their trip outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment