Thursday, June 6, 2019

This morning, before it got too warm, I took Brownie for a walk.  On our way back we happened upon Edie and had a nice chat with her.  Both of us (only neighbors with a view of "the farm") would be extremely sad to see a block wall go up.  She showed me some pix her boss sent her today; he flew his plane over to France to participate in the D-Day anniversary celebration.



When it was time to head to dentist my keys were MIA.  I looked in all the places it could/should have been (in my purse, the key hook, on the counter) as well a number of other places they weren't likely to be, but when I couldn't find them I had to resort to using the spare set. 


After the dentist I swung by the library to drop off 3 books and pick up the latest hold (where there was also a DVD I hadn't reserved waiting for me - weird) and was all set to check out when I realized that without my regular keys I didn't have the little plastic ID card to swipe.  So I had to make a second trip to the desk.



Alex called just as I was arriving home, asking me to take some of the sea trout out of the freezer because he was cooking dinner for a friend tonight.  He ended up spending part of the afternoon over here (doing some paperwork on the computer for work) while I worked on the baby quilt.  It was nice to have his company.

Shortly after getting home I found my keys... right where I had left them last night <G> to remind me to bring something with me to the dentist.



I'm currently awaiting a new TV cable box since ours is outmoded.  Every time I turned on the TV recently there was a warning message that we needed to get a new box but "somehow" I'd never gotten around to ordering one.  However a few days ago I had no choice when it quit allowing access.  



Apprised of the situation, Alex reminded me that I can watch Netflix via the Roku (in fact this afternoon he turned on Blue Planet 2 for us to watch/listen to while we worked.)  Later I watched a cute movie, and when I got off the couch after it ended I noticed Mr. & Mrs. Mallard getting out of the pool.  Brownie had no idea they were out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment