Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Yesterday the exterminator was here, and so naturally <g> something visited me in bed last night; I woke up with a sizeable bug bite (first of the season) on my leg.

The Foothills ladies loved the Friendship Star quilt which we donated for one of the upcoming quarterly raffles.  (I do, too - and definitely will be buying some tickets!)  A reminder that Marcie won the gray fabrics playing LRC at one of the Flying Pig Sewcials, and the bright stars, each a different fabric, were made from scraps in my stash. 


I also received admiration for my finally finished scrap quilt.  It certainly took many years, but I am thrilled with the result.


And now I finally had something to post on the Scrap Quilt site!

Just finished this quilt which evolved over many years. The center was done at a Scrap Mountain workshop 'Quilt Mama' Jessica Dickinson did at Foothills years ago. When I found the turquoise polka dots on black I set the center block on point. The inner border is a perfect stripe I found some years later. This year I shadow-ed rectangles of favorites scraps from my hefty stash, and used them to help "rectangularize" the quilt. The outer border is fabric I found over a year ago when I was out of town. Was afraid it would clash once I got home and put it up against the quilt - but the colors are perfect. (Since I 'lost' every other row because I needed 1/4" seam allowance I was afraid I'd run out of rows.... but had just enough so obviously it was 'meant to be'!) It's quilted in a neon pink which pulls out that color in many of the blocks. I've named it MY COSMOS because the quilt showcases "my" colors. Of course with temps already around 110 I'm not likely to be curling up under my new favorite quilt until (at least) November.


At The Other Quilt Shop I found backing for the baby quilt, backing for Andy's gift - and also a spectacular fish fabric.  (When I showed it to Alex later, he opened one of the cabinets and wondered why I was buying fabric when already had "as much as a quilt store.")



On the way home we swung by The Pig to pick up Marcie's Roomba; Cindy loved how well it cleaned the studio, and is ordering one of her own.  Deb is making great progress on her next cactus quilt, this one for Cindy to hang in the studio.  Cindy showed me her next project, which will require a lot of wild focus fabrics, and asked if I "might" have some scraps that will work.  So one of these evenings I'll be pawing through some of the tubs, boxes, bags to see what I can find.



Alex popped over (he's doing laundry over here until we figure out what's causing the electrical smell from his washer/dryer) and ended up making us yummy pasta for lunch.



This afternoon I was working on the computer (got all the pix from this morning resized, cropped, and uploaded to the Foothills site) and heard quite a crash.  Turns out Mitch was here and now that telephone pole is down and gone.  YAY!  Mowing along the fence will be so much easier.  Next week he plans to start on the stucco repair at the back house.



Alex is leaving tomorrow (to work a music festival in Tulsa this time) and suggested that once he returns from working out at the gym we should go out to dinner.  Works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment