Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Half-hearted workout at the gym yesterday, then stops at the bank, copy shop, and gas station.  During the heat of the afternoon, while watching old movies on TV, I finished up the frog charity tops - though of course all three (does the doll quilt count?) still need to be quilted. 



I also made progress on Andy's birthday gift.



Irrigation went swimmingly, and with the water again up to the house foundation (obviously we have figured out how to set the gates for optimum flow) it's time to scale back our time.  



Brownie is not happy with having his dog door closed off - 


and I am less-than-thrilled to have to walk him in the heat (it was still quite toasty before bedtime last evening, when we cruised the neighborhood. )  Of course I did know that would be the case when I got him.



Naturally I'm looking forward to Show & Tell at Busy Bees this morning since I'm very proud of how "My Cosmos" turned out.  I do expect it will garner some admiration from the ladies. 


Hope Mel is in attendance so she can see why I was so "interested" in the blue fabric she scored.  That was a somewhat surprising color choice for her, because over the past 20 years I've only seen her do purple quilts!



Then this afternoon I plan to swing by The Pig
 and drop off the baby quilt for Cindy to quilt.  



My foot continues to do well (and the past couple of days I haven't been wearing my boot much) so when I got a reminder about tomorrow's "just in case" follow-up appointment with the orthopedic surgeon I was able to cancel it.  Of course here's hoping that cancellation isn't the impetus for my foot to start acting up again!

No comments:

Post a Comment