Saturday, June 8, 2019

Fun, fun, fun at today's Sewcial.  Barb was kind enough to pick me up - and her friend Karen came today also.  Even with all the socializing I got  a lot done.



Finished up at my flying geese borders, and then (with Cindy's help) figured out how wide the resting border of happy blue fabric needs to be.  That took way longer than it should have - and had both of us scratching our heads - but I think it's going to work out just fine.  Will tackle that tomorrow!



Cindy likes Deb's cacti so much that she wants one of her own.  This is the original pattern -

Deb tweaked a couple of the blocks, and replaced a couple with designs two of her own.  It is a fun pattern, and maybe someday <g> I'll make one of my own.  Surprisingly I didn't take a single photo today even though I did remember to pack my camera  - but did snap these the other day with my cell phone.  It's gorgeous already, and of course it'll be that much spectacular after it's quilted.



Her quail, hummingbirds, bees and snake are wonderful embellishments.







Marcie won LRC, and even though she didn't think white is a very exciting color I have no doubt she'll turn that stack of fat quarters into something terrific.



Today she worked on the adorable blocks for the Minecraft quilt she's making for Silas...



and 'complained' <g> that they are working up "too quickly"; she was hoping that project would keep her busy through the long hot summer.  What was she thinking?!  LOL



The lunch goodies were varied and tasty, and Marcie's shrimp pasta salad was a big hit.  Most of my eggs 'disappeared', and at the end of the day it wasn't hard to convince Deb, who loves them, to take the few that were left.



I was unaware of a fire north of here that one of the ladies mentioned, and wondered if it was near Bartlett Lake.  She said they had closed the lake, and sure enough Alex and Pauley had to camp at Saguaro Lake instead.   



Tom called; it's still cold in Idaho (he was all bundled up) though the weather is supposed to finally warm up later this week.  Like the rock collecting, fishing has not been going well - but despite those disappointments he says he's still having a good time.




No comments:

Post a Comment