Sunday, May 1, 2022

Mary invited Brownie and me for a visit on Friday afternoon, and since she was out in the back yard she'd left the front door open for us.  There was some excitement (thankfully short-lived) when we went out back to join her; Shadow had assumed he was enjoying a peaceful morning.


  

Mary's backyard oasis is currently awash with bright, bright colors, and I meant to take some photos.  At least I did snap a couple of her hydroponic goodies inside.  She is having fun with them, just like Sandy.   


These happen to be tomato plants, though "not quite ready for prime time."


As always we talked about this and that, never seeming to run out of topics, and only quit when Brownie's alarm went off at 3:00 and it was time to head home to feed him.



 I had brought along my jellyroll sizzle for a border consultation, and also the leftover triangle corners  to see if she could solve the mystery of why a few of them 'ran' the wrong way.


We decided that the sizzle quilt is fine 'as is' and does not need a border.  


I don't really like a lot of the fabrics in it, many of which were in my stash as the result of strip exchanges, but sure do like the pattern.  No doubt I'll be much happier with the resulting color palette when I use strips from these jellyrolls!


The pinwheels, constructed from sizzle's the cut off corners, will go into a baby quilt.  Since there are only 8 of those blocks I'll need to construct one more, and then plan to add a colorful print border - something along these lines:


Yesterday morning I repotted three containers, which should make the aloes happier.  



I was sad to toss a bunch of the larger clumps - but I'm drowning in aloe!  Then this morning repotted half a dozen more in some of the small pots that had been languishing in the garage.



I still have the two large aloe pots out back that need attention.  
Wish I knew someone who 'needed' some aloe!



Yesterday afternoon Tom and I popped over to Walmart for our second boosters, but turns out they're doing them by appointment only; with limited quantities available they sure don't want to waste any doses once they open a vial.  So we're scheduled for today around lunch.


I've been dragging my feet deciding what projects to bring with me to the quilt retreat.  


Common sense <g> says to bring some UFOs (especially ones that wouldn't need too much concentration), but I have so many new ones I want to start.


Brownie and I took a long morning walk, and after I puttered some outside (additional repotting, plus 'weeding' the driveway more and then dousing with vinegar) I opened an e-mail Barb had forwarded from Sheila.

 I need to cancel the retreat for next weekend.  I am having chest pressure and jaw soreness issues that have sent me to the emergency room overnight while they looked for a hospital bed in Tucson.  When they could not find an empty bed they sent me home with meds and an appointment for my cardiologist.  I'm to remain "quiet" and to take it "easy" until we can figure out what's going on. I have reached out to someone whom we have hired in the past to run the retreats when we were not able to.  She is not available next week. I am so very sorry.  I was looking forward to seeing you.



No comments:

Post a Comment