Monday, May 23, 2022

 Yesterday I did sort through the stack of magazine quilt patterns, tossing a fair number of them that are "never gonna happen", but didn't get as far clearing off the couch I hoped/expected.  That's because the TV show I found to run in the background turned out to be a fascinating two-hour documentary on George Carlin (Part 1) that seriously distracted me.  


Though Part 2 came on next, 

I (wisely) elected to record it rather than watch it then.


I (sort of) got started on Mia's quilt, cutting the panel into its 28 squares.  Unfortunately I got bogged down when I tried to figure out the best way to square them up to the same size while keeping the block as centered as possible.  (FYI the colors are brighter than they appear here.)



This morning I was out front bright and early again, around 6:00, and finished chopping all the east side weeds around 7:30.  Since trash hasn't been collected yet everything made it into one of the cans, which is a good thing because next on my Yard List is more trimming of hedges; that always 'creates' a lot of stuff to go out so empty cans will be a plus.


We didn't see as many dogs this morning, though some may have come by when I came inside for a water/computer break.  However a woman looking for a place for her granddaughter to live did stop to ask if the house out back was for rent.  Alex will be relieved <g> that I didn't give away his place, though no doubt we could charge a tidy sum for it.


I did accomplish yet more weeding in the shade of the jungle, and also sawed down the 2-foot-tall wall of weeds around the pool equipment - so IF we ever get someone out here to look at the leak at least things will be visible.  Finally, before the sun drove me inside around 9, I even did a little weed chopping in Alex's 'front yard'.  


Plans for today include a number of phone calls (most of which I have been putting off...), more couch mucking (once I get that stuff dealt with I can move the other things off of the kitchen table!), and possibly another attempt on squaring up the panel pieces for Mia's quilt.   

No comments:

Post a Comment