Tuesday, May 17, 2022

 I iced my foot before going to the grocery store, which helped a lot.


I also used my cane at the store, where I picked up the few necessary items I'll need to make dinner tonight, and then spent the afternoon resting on the couch.  I had planned to do irrigation today, but under the circumstances I decided to 'let' Tom or Alex do it instead.




Alex came over to check on the dove nest in the peach tree (the eggs still haven't hatched) and reported that the water had arrived, actually a little early.  Which turned out to be excellent news, because 15 minutes into our two hour time slot Alex called to say that the water flow had simply quit.  I called to report it to Jeff, the zanjero - who answered his phone from his bed in ICU.  Turns out he'd had a heart attack and a triple bypass a week ago and Terry, our previous zanjero, will be taking over for him until he recovers. So next I called Terry, who said it'd take him a while to get here.  About 20 minutes later Alex let me know that the water had started back up again, so I called Terry to let him know.  I assumed he'd found the problem and had done something to correct the issue - but he said he was still on his way because he was driving in from Sun City, where he'd moved.  (He used to live around the corner from us, and I hadn't realized he'd moved.)   

Because we're still obligated to let the water go at the appointed time we are lucky that it arrived a bit early today.  It's crucial to keep the big tree in the front yard (unfortunately the last part of the property to receive water) happily hydrated, especially now that the triple digits have arrived.  We count on its shade to help keep the house protected from much of the sun!



And so goes another 'fun-filled' <g> day of irrigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment