Tuesday, May 24, 2022

 After I got dinner in the crockpot, laundry and dishwasher started, and the quail fed/watered (and latest egg retrieved) I was ready to tackle a few other chores, like watering the baby lime tree and cleaning/refilling the hummer feeders.

Tami messaged me to thank me for the wonderful plant magazine, full of extremely helpful info for landscaping once their new house is done - whenever that finally happens!  The pandemic and supply chain issues really threw a monkey wrench into their construction schedule - 



but now it looks a lot more like a real house than it did when I visited LHC six months ago. 

She said to call if I had a chance today - so I did.  

She and Allan will need to stay a little closer to home this summer to keep tabs on the house progress, but will be able to escape to Flagstaff for a couple of weeks in July.  Since they're renting a B&B with an extra bedroom (and dog-friendly enclosed yard) Brownie and I have been invited to come up for a visit.  Sounds good to me!

Tim showed up as scheduled to check out the pool issue, but it wasn't the easy fix (just replacing a seal) he'd guessed.  Instead there's a crack (in the motor housing?)  He thinks he has a replacement that could work (somebody upgraded their equipment) and should be back tomorrow or Thursday (will let me know tonight.)  

At least I finally got somebody to come out and look at it, right?



In other exciting news:



But before you get too excited...



the stack of magazines are still waiting, they've just been relocated to the bench.
(And with Brownie keeping an eye on them?)


And speaking of relocation - that mess from the kitchen table?  
Here's where all of that stuff ended up for the moment!


Plus if I'm being totally honest


the stack of papers/patterns has also been moved, to Lisa's room where <sigh> the bed is definitely filling up.  Of course I can just close the door to that room...

No comments:

Post a Comment