Tuesday, May 17, 2022

 Even though I didn't seem too out of whack, I always feel better after an adjustment - and yesterday was no exception.



Afterward I stopped in at the Armadillo 'mall' across the street from there.  I was hoping to find a skinny bookshelf I can squeeze between the bed and wall in that wasted space since my headboard is overflowing with books.  Most were too wide/tall (and pricey to boot.) The few that might have worked weren't for sale; they were simply being used to display items in the booths.  

I have searched on-line, but (so far, at least) haven't had any luck there either.




However I did finish the baby quilt top during the heat of the afternoon heat.  


 
Last evening Alex decided to 'install' the tint film on the west windows of the SW bedroom since he though it'd be a good idea to do it while Tom was still here to help - and today he'll do the second one for the same reason.  Darkening those windows can only help to prevent at least some of the brutal  afternoon sun from heating up that room.



I'm thinking next we should also tint the two south-facing windows.



"Maybe" we should have done it sooner....? 





Alex has been watching a quail family frequenting the Back 40.  In the beginning the just- hatched babies were tiny, but of course as time has gone by they have grown in size and abilities.  Today he watched as Mom and Dad flew over the 6-foot wall into the neighbor's yard, but one just couldn't make it over.  Alex managed to catch it and was going to help it join the rest of them - but when he peeked over the top of the wall the family was nowhere in sight.  So instead now Baby is chilling out in the cage with his quail, and he'll keep an eye out for the family so they can be reunited.




In preparation for this afternoon's irrigation he'd moved the quail cage out of the grass and back onto the dirt against his house - which is when he discovered a nest of five eggs that had laid hidden in the grass.



In preparation for irrigation I did yardwork until almost 9:00.  I filled the pool and watered plants, picked up grapefruits and lemons, raked, collected the last of the piles from the tree trough, etc.  Toward the end of that work (and out of nowhere!) my foot started hurting badly.  I did have a minor foot adjustment at the chiropractor yesterday, but everything had seemed perfectly fine...



My unhappy foot is why I didn't grab my phone and walk back there to take some photos of the eggs in the grass, and baby in the cage, to share with this post.




Showered and breakfasted, and soon I'm off to the gym - though naturally I will be very careful of that foot!  There was no e-mail reminder from the gym so I have no idea if Davon will be back, or if I'll have Chris again (which is what he thought would be the plan if Davon wasn't up and running yet) - or if I'm even on the schedule.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment