Tuesday, May 3, 2022

 Joe spent the day continuing to find (and fix) gaps around the house.  And as long as he had the ladder out I 'let' him take down the speakers on the back porch.  They were here when we moved in 25 years ago but we've never used them - though on several occasions over the years a bird has.  

Look what came down with one yesterday!



Alex arrived home yesterday afternoon.  He's got (real) work to do today, and then leaves again on Wednesday, flying to Atlanta to work a Formula Drift event.


He did promise to find time today to help me with a few small things, like summer-izing the hot tub by covering it with the tarps, hanging my beaded hummer, scraping some of the worst patches of grass in the dip where the driveway meets the street, etc.  At least I was a good Mom last evening, sewing up (another) torn pocket for him (not sure how he is so hard on them) and then washing those jeans so they can go to Atlanta with him.



Last evening I started reading Beloved, but (so far) I seem to be slogging through it.  So I was glad to set it aside for a while.  Maybe it'll go better earlier in the day?



Shortly off to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment