Monday, May 9, 2022

This morning I did more mucking, both inside the house and in the garage, then filled the back seat of car and made drop off at Savers.   It feels good to get rid of stuff.

I've been thinking about ways to keep my bedroom cooler, and then this idea came across FB yesterday.  We still have a healthy crop of the climbing ivy-type plant I tackled in the jungle a few days ago, so doing something along these lines seemed quite feasible.  But Alex didn't think it was such a good idea, and has ordered something to put on the windows instead.




He also whittled down his To Do list for me today. Just by scraping the end of the driveway he has saved me a lot of effort, though it didn't take him very long.  Now I can get to the root of the problem (pun intended) with vinegar.



Once the organic can was finally emptied (all the trucks were late today, not picking up until the afternoon) I raked the tree trough.  I not only filled up the organics can again, but there are quite a lot of leaves still left that will have to wait for an empty can.  Alex deepened the trough and built up berm, so next irrigation the trough will be able to hold a lot more water.  Since we were working in the shade (and there was a breeze) it wasn’t too bad even though it was mid-afternoon.

Our electric bill arrived today and I got a very pleasant surprise - it was even lower than last month! 

 Of course with serious triple digits on the way (this weekend the prediction is 106) we will start using the A/C lot, so it will be the last 'happy' electric bill for the foreseeable future.


After all my hard work today I was relaxing in my recliner, enjoying watching a hummer at the feeder.  Once it finished eating it flew over to the beaded hummer which recently got hung, and seemed to be checking it out as a possible intruder to chase away.  Made me laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment