Sunday, May 29, 2022

 Despite my late start yesterday I worked outside a little over an hour before I needed to come inside and cool off.  I was tempted to get into the pool, because the water does feel warm when I sit by the step and rinse off my feet/legs.  


Of course water 'might' feel different if I actually got all the way in.  I tossed in the thermometer to obtain more objective readings, though haven't actually checked it yet.



Kathy called yesterday needing some advice on binding a quilt, and it was tricky to explain things long-distance.  But as I told her, without Alex here to help me it would no doubt be faster for me to drive there (she lives in Canada...) than to access something on the phone/iPad to 'be' there visually. 



At least I figured out her problem (I think!)



She really did not want to backtrack and rip, and I so understand that feeling!  Also she was "less than thrilled" about my suggestions for adding some extra steps to fix another problem.


I was waiting to hear what she decided to do -



but as I was writing this post this morning she messaged me a photo of the bound quilt.  I attempted to figure out how to save the pic so I could share it here.  Not only did I have no luck doing that - 


but the message itself has totally disappeared.




I did venture outside yesterday afternoon to plant the two pots of Wandering Jew (one for Kathi and one for her mom), and they are currently sitting on the front porch awaiting pick-up.  There was a nice root system started from the stalks sitting in water the past couple of weeks, and of course they will continue to get thorough waterings as they adjust to their new environment.  



As a bonus I can see their tops from my recliner, a view I am enjoying.    



Once they go to their new homes I will definitely set a pot of something else in that spot (over Tom's objections.)  I miss plants in the house (the lighting is just not good) and do not understand why he doesn't want anything by the window in front of his recliner...




This is how far I got on Mia's blocks yesterday:



This morning I called Rachelle to check on her sanity (the big move for her dad is imminent) and she said that things are going "as well as can be expected."





I also wanted to run an idea past her, which she loved.


Once the baby quilt is completed, instead of mailing it directly to Mia I will mail it to Rachelle instead.  Then she and her dad can deliver it to Mia personally, "in case they need an excuse" <G> for him to visit his great-granddaughter! 



 Now it's time to get off the computer and get some 'real' things done around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment