Saturday, May 28, 2022

I did organize much of fabric on the couch yesterday, so even through it isn't all "disappeared" the pile is much smaller.  After an hour or so I was taking a break from that (outside!) and noticed a big black truck in Alex's driveway.  So of course I went over to check, and a guy was looking at the Razor.  Turned out to be James; it's his 'toy', and it was his boat that lived here for a year or so.  (Usually Alex lets me know when he's not around but someone is coming over.)  

The guys will be going camping next weekend so he needed to check the battery.  Later, Brownie alerted me when James was hooking up his truck to the big trailer that's right outside our fence, and luckily before he tried to drive off I noticed the flat tire on it.



Mary "rescued" me later when she asked if she could swing by. 


It was another silly question, right? 


I got to see her (semi)completed elephant top; it still needs its borders.  It's such a cute pattern, and it turned out great.  Upon inspection Brownie also gave it his stamp of approval ~ and happily he wasn't inclined to lift his leg!  


Mary brought along the Stomp pattern for me, even though I had stressed that I won't 'need' it until the Fall, and also a couple of her extra plastic pots so I can plant some of the requested Wandering Jew for Kathi and her mom.  

Mary's DIL Kathy retired from teaching this week, and now needs to find something else to fill her days.  Apparently her 'dream' would be to work at an elephant sanctuary, which reminded me about the current situation with Happy the elephant.  I learned about it from a segment on NPR, but it was the first Mary had heard about it.



We watched the portion of Columbia - Wild and Free 
with the (always adorable) burrowing owls.





I'm making progress on the blocks for Mia's quilt, 
and it is moving along faster now that I've worked out a system.



Unfortunately it is not a fool-proof system - 
as evidenced by the fact that I still had to do some frog-stitching. 



Tom checked in last evening.  He's done collecting rocks, reporting that it was a reasonably successful trip despite the nippy temps and overcast skies that make it impossible to see any fire.  He is now at Carlo's in Idaho, where the plan is to relax and spend a week or so fishing.




Brownie and I took a leisurely walk around the neighborhood this morning, and had a nice visit with Chewy.  His 'dad' was also in the yard, and I learned that Chewy was a rescue found dumped in a box by the side of the road (and guessed to be only six weeks old) twelve years ago. 



I'm getting a late start (9:00) this morning to my outside work, but hope to accomplish some serious hedge trimming.  I'll just have to see how far I get before the heat sends me back inside.



And maybe I'll have to intercept Pokey again when she's rearranging furniture...



No comments:

Post a Comment