Wednesday, May 4, 2022

At the gym yesterday I wanted to change my monthly charge from eight sessions to four, now that Fridays are off the table (at least for a while.) Though Jim had changed it back and forth for me many times over the 10 years that I worked with him, apparently now that can only be done by the Trainer Manager (Amber) and she wasn't going to be in until 2:00.  I had planned to return in the afternoon to make that change, but ended up doing irrigation instead.  I'll try to do that this afternoon.


Yesterday morning I had gotten a call that my new glasses were in, so I swung by after the gym to pick them up.  They seem to fit fine, and didn't need any tweaking.



Stopped for gas after that, and all the pumps had signs that they were out of the two lower grades.   Since my car requires the priciest level of gas at least that outage did not affect me.  



Then it was across the street to pop into Walmart for a handful of items, including Tide as a 'gift' for Alex, who was having an understandably bad day after a string one aggravating occurrences after another.  At the self-checkout lane I needed approval for one of my items.  And no, it wasn't alcohol; turns out you need to be 18 to buy Wite-Out!  (Kids must be sniffing it?)


When Brownie accompanied me to take out some recycling, we 'surprised' a baby bunny resting under the bush on the front porch.  It raced off, scooting between the recycling can and garage, and then (I assume) scooted into the back yard.  Brownie, however, spent considerable time vainly sniffing around the cans then (and again later when we went out front to do more drive-way weeding.)  

Here he is at the 'scene of the crime' this morning:

Since I'm not trying to protect a garden from bunnies I'm glad to see them out and about, and gladder still that Brownie isn't a more effective hunter!

bunny lunching in the garden department


I've been rearranging plants on the porches.



While the back porch is always subject to Pokey's rearranging, 
this is what it looks like this morning.


However it seems that Pokey is thinking about doing that right at this moment, muddy feet and all...



Alex and I summer-ized the hot tub before the water arrived.  Now it looks well protected from the blazing sun, and we'll just hope it holds its own during the monsoon winds later in the season.  Though the water was high enough yesterday to almost breach the cement pad, this morning's pic shows that most of the water has already soaked into the ground.



Irrigation went well, though the water was surprisingly dirty for the beginning of the flow, and stayed that way for a while.  Alex kept me company part of the time (we also worked a little on the tree trough) and of course Brownie supervised the entire two hours.  At the end, while waiting for it to be time to let the water go, I hung out in the hammock under the tree canopy.  Here were some of my views:



The big black birds were out in full force in the Back 40, 
likely feasting on worms that come up during irrigation.


Alex caught me relaxing, listening to my current book Caroline



And no, Brownie does not like being up on the hammock with me.
Pretty sure these dogs weren't too happy in their hammocks, either...


No comments:

Post a Comment