Sunday, May 22, 2022

 I missed the AQG "Spring Meeting" zoom yesterday morning

because apparently my registration never went through.


So instead Brownie and I visited Mary.  Once we got onto the 101 I locked his window, but when he couldn't get it to open (I could hear his paws hitting the button) he started a little whining (which is VERY uncharacteristic of him), seemingly proving that he knows what he's doing. 

Mary was pleased to receive the stack of green popsicle blocks - and also relieved to hear that despite signing up to participate in the swap (before her energy levels plummeted) the Bees have let her off the hook after learning of her current health issues. 


 

Her mini tomatoes (32 at last count) are definitely thriving


just not 'redding up' yet.




When we got home I did clean up my sewing area - impressed?


The plan <g> is to organize my floor-to-ceiling cabinet of fabric, and then some (most?!) of the stack that is 'temporarily' on the open shelf can be sorted and stashed inside.  Of course all of the books and other assorted stuff that came off of that shelf are still on the couch until they find a new 'home', which could (should!) happen during the heat of the day.  


Once that's done, I can attack the real mess which ended up on the kitchen table... sigh



Dealing with all of that 'may' <G> take a little longer...



Heard from a number of my Colorado friends yesterday about their snow.  
The wildest part is that only 24 hours earlier it had been 90 degrees!


Terry wrote that she "woke up to this" and was happy to hear that more snow was predicted because it's been so dry there.  It's been dry here, too, despite the prediction that we had better-than-usual chances for some precipitation this month.



This morning I was working out front by 6:00, and at that time of the morning a number of dog walkers were out also beating the heat.  Brownie behaved admirably, staying on the grass behind the 'wall' and simply watching as the dogs passed by.  By 7:30 I had chopped down all the weeds, raked up Tom's mowing leftovers, and then added those two piles to the organics can.


Tomorrow morning I will attack the crop of those same weeds on the east side of the driveway.



After I transferred the pile from the jungle to fill up the organics can -


I then took a mini-break on the jungle mini-porch, enjoying the view.





By 9:00, after a little more weeding, I decided I was done with yardwork.  After a refreshing shower I feel ready to attack a little of the sewing mess - but at some point I will start on Mia's quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment