Wednesday, May 11, 2022

 I took the completed VOS top to Foothills, intending to hand it off to Ellen for quilting - but she wasn't there.  I also brought the heart block I whipped up this morning (for inclusion in a future comfort quilt) and the ladies were impressed.  Maybe they thought I'd "made" the fabric for the heart?

We've handed out so many in the past year or so that the stash had gotten low so a request had gone out to bring in blocks today.  

I know it meant a lot to me when I received one after my foot 'adventure'.  Quite a few blocks came in, resulting in a stack large enough to make up a number of quilts.  Here are JoAn and Sue with theirs.


Lynn made up a couple.


And Marlys brought in a completed top.




Carole showed this adorable crayon quilt she made for her grandson.



Donna finished this apple quilt.  Most of the blocks were done by friend of hers who passed away recently before she could complete it.  It will be gifted to the woman's daughter, who no doubt will cherish it. 



Judy had fun making these elephants from her stash -


and when she accidentally made two more than the pattern called for 
she simply incorporated them into the backing.



Years ago JoAn had made a boot quilt for her son, which he has cherished.  Recently he had a puzzle made from a photo of it, which he gifted to JoAn on Mother's Day.



Being up so early this morning <yawn> I faded mid-afternoon, and got in a brief cat nap.  I definitely could have slept longer, but was awakened when Alex stopped over.



Now it's time for bed - 


and I hope to do better tonight!



No comments:

Post a Comment