Monday, May 2, 2022

Getting our second booster shots yesterday was uneventful - and fast.

However the sad TV saga continued.  


 LONG story short - despite well over an hour on the phone with COX tech David yesterday (first with me, and then with Tom) we were unable to restore reception.  Sounded like we needed a new box, and possibly a new modem.  Bottom line was that I wasn't able to watch the season finale of Outlander last night...

This morning, while I was at the chiropractor, Tom unhooked the old box and went to COX to get a replacement.  He arrived home shortly after I did, with new equipment (and rolling his eyes regarding his experience there.)  We both hoped that the hook-up would be reasonably uneventful, but he's currently on the phone with a tech and is experiencing yet another glitch.



This morning I arrived at the chiropractor early.  That is usually the case since I give myself an hour for the 26-mile drive "just in case" there's an issue on the highway (which has happened quite a few times)  except that I was really early today.  Last evening, when I checked the calendar for today's activities, I saw that my appointment was for 10:30 so I left myself a note on the coffee tin that simply said 9:30.  Obviously that was a reminder to me that I should leave then, but this morning my brain mistook that for the appointment time so I left at 8:30, arriving just after 9:00.  


Luckily there had been a last-minute cancellation so he could actually take me at 9:30.


Because the quilt retreat has been cancelled I will be able to attend Wednesday evening's book club Zoom meeting with the Colorado ladies after all.  The book is Beloved, by Toni Morrison, which I read around the time it came out ('87) but not since.  Even though Terry said I could 'attend' without reading it I figured I'd enjoy the discussion considerably more if I reread it. 


So this morning I got on the library site hoping to find a copy, but it said all copies from my local branch were already checked out.  I had already planned to swing by there to drop off a stack of books I'd brought back from Maryland (two I enjoyed, two I never finished) to donate to the Friends of the Library sale shelf.  So 'as long as I was in the neighborhood' I went over to the fiction shelves to check "just in case" - and there was a copy!


So guess what I'll be doing in my spare time between now and Wednesday evening?



No comments:

Post a Comment