Friday, May 6, 2022

 Before it got too toasty yesterday I worked outside.  

(By the time I came back inside mid-morning it was already in the 90s.)  

Swept the two back porches of Pokey's latest deposits of irrigation mud, watered plants, did more driveway scraping, picked up the mega-pile of yesterday's pulled dandelions, and then started in on some trimming.  All of the salvia plants need substantial haircuts (I am 'training' them to be full and bushy, not tall and stringy) but since I want to leave plenty of the red flowers for the hummers I only cut back a couple today.  

Then it was time to work on the bird-of-paradise, which has spread out over the wall, encroaching on the driveway.  That was going well, until


my finger holding the branch and the clippers 
attempted to occupy the same space.


Luckily there was virtually no blood loss - 
though it certainly did not feel good!



Did some mucking (the cleaners were arriving first thing this morning) and also snuck in another bath for Brownie before the bathtub would get cleaned today.  He seemed (somewhat) less stressed (he may be getting used to it?) and also left behind less hair.  I'm guessing he's lost most most of his winter coat. 




This morning I did some mucking of my sewing area before settling down to do some sewing.  One thing I 'found' was my baggie of "This quilt was exhibited at the AQG show" labels, with the year of the show noted on each.  


Of course it didn't say which quilt I had entered, so I had to look back at those years' photos to match up the labels with the correct quilt.  


Embarrassing that I never got around to attaching them -


but I promise to sew them on soon!



We may (finally) turn on the A/C today 
since it is predicted to be the first 'officially hot' day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment