Saturday, May 14, 2022

 Thursday's dentist appointment went well, and my 'new' hygienist Mary (I usually see Molly) gave me an excellent grade on taking care of my teeth.  When making my next appointment (in September) I used my phone calendar.  That's when I discovered I had oncologist appt scheduled on the first date suggested and was able to select an alternate date right then and there - instead of having to call once I got home and checked the wall calendar.


I'd hoped Alex would be proud of me for using another app.

Mostly he said I need to do more on my phone...


PT went well - especially since I had made sure to charge up my headphones and got to listen to my book during my 20 minutes on the treadmill.  The minutes raced by, unlike last time when my earbuds died and the time just dragged.


Afterward I stopped in at the gym to meet with Amber (never could get her on the phone), and FINALLY got the billing switched.  Of course it will be nice not to have that big charge on my VISA card for the next 9 months or so.  FYI the latest bill was mammoth, including 'extras' like the front windows, my new glasses, tax prep fees, my flight to Neil's memorial in July, Alex's washer/dryer and dishwasher, all biggies.   

I had told Amber last Wednesday the switch 'needed' to be done before the billing date on the 11th of the month, and she blithely said of course it would be done by then - but sadly it wasn't. <sigh> 


Yesterday I was up a little before 5, and out working in yard shortly after 6. Raked the remainder of the tree trough, and hoped all of the large piles would all fit into the green can. 

(Spoiler: When I attacked that chore this morning they didn't.)  


Fed/watered the quail (she's out in the grass until irrigation), and was surprised there were no eggs to collect. (Found out later Alex had been out earlier and snagged a couple.)  Spread dirt from lime tree hole around mulberry tree's exposed roots - should make for easier mowing (and thus less work for Tom with the weed-eater.) Scraped more cracks at the end of the driveway, and chatted with 'our' bus driver when she stopped to say hi.  Brownie had stayed put each time dog walkers went by on 37th - but he did come right up to me at the end of the driveway to make sure I was 'safe' from that big yellow thing!



Mary wondered what I was doing today, and ended up joining me for a trip to TOQS for Bag Day.  I used 40% off coupon for a notion on the Creative Grid I needed, and my 40% off fabric coupon for a yard of yummy blue 'water' from the New Fabric kiosk - and Mary bought a bag kit so now she can participate each month.


Wanda asked if I would be up for a trip to 35th Ave. today - silly question, right?  I even have a gift card that Teri gave me (for making the baby quilt) to bring along.


Tom, getting ready for his annual rock-collecting trip to Oregon, was about to head to the grocery store yesterday to finish getting supplies for that... except his truck wouldn't start.  

Luckily it didn't turn out to be anything major; tests of his 6-year-old battery showed that his simply needed to replace it.  Good thing that happened this week and not next, when he'll be in the middle of nowhere.



The window tinting film arrived, and yesterday Alex and I did more cleaning of the windows (he can reach higher than I can.)  Now they're ready for him to attach the film during one of his work breaks next week.  

Today he's off to an outdoor wedding in the afternoon; too bad the weather couldn't stay cool for a few more days.  We've been doing well inside the house, not running the A/C except for a few hours in the mid-to-late afternoon, though the true test of that has arrived!



The 'Gloria quilt' is working up nicely. Here's how far I got yesterday before running out of steam. I found a small piece of yellow in my stash that was perfect for an inner border.  


Unfortunately COX went down (I was watching a Tina Fey movie while I sewed) and we had no TV or internet for several hours.  Took me about 30 minutes to get through on the phone to report the problem, but 'luckily' it turned out to be an issue in the neighborhood which meant we didn't have to do anything.



By 8 this morning I was done with my yardwork.  In addition to filling the last trash can with most of the trough piles, I'd smashed the new dirt clods around the mulberry tree. Now I plan to work some more on the Gloria quilt so I can bring it along to show Wanda this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment