Sunday, May 15, 2022

 Wanda and I enjoyed a lovely day together yesterday.  Our first stop was at 35th Ave, where I helped her with fabric selection for a couple of quilts. Amazingly I behaved myself; despite having my gift certificate with me I didn't buy anything!  

I obviously don't "need" any more fabric ~


and decided to wait and see what I need for some future projects.  



After Tom leaves I have big plans to clean out the over-stuffed cabinet crammed with my panels and companion sets.  In addition to it being so crowded that I really can't find what I'm looking for, it's also 'possible' <G> that there are some in there I've forgotten all about.  

That attack is planned for Thursday morning, when Carol is going to come by to 'supervise'.  It will be fun to select a panel to create a baby quilt for Mia.


Our next stop was at Mulqueen's, where there were lots of familiar faces.  Ellen was teaching a class that Ila was attending, and Marlys and Carole were buying bright happy fabrics for the next Foothills Opportunity quilt. 


While Wanda was exchanging some items and trying to get some info on her sewing machine, I looked around for owl fabric (because she needs an owl for her latest challenge quilt, a desert landscape.)  I found one that could work, and though there were no fat quarters I did buy the EOB which should make a "sorry you need surgery but at least you should feel better afterward" gift for Mary. 


To cap off our outing we lunched at Las Glorias, which was yummy - as always.  (I even brought home one of the chimichangas because I got too full, and it made a nice lunch for today.)  


On the drive home we tried the car cigarette lighter for powering Wanda's oxygen machine since her battery is only good for so many hours.  Despite having the car over ten years that was my first time using it for something, and naturally I was pleased to  find it works just fine; we'll need it when we travel to the Prescott Valley quilt show in a few weeks.


Tom had mowed the yard while I was gone - looking good!

Alex stopped by before heading to a wedding, and he also looked good (though his bow tie did not glow...)


This morning I took an early walk with Brownie, but it was already warm and I found myself looking for shade.  We'll keep walks on our agenda as long as possible, but I will try to get out even earlier.  On the plus side he was more compliant about having his harness attached.



I really MUST write the Busy Bee chatter blurb (have been putting that off, just like in previous months) since today is the deadline for submittals.   I'm just not enjoying doing it, so at the end of the year I will "let" someone else take over.


What I'd rather do is work more on the quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment