Wednesday, June 30, 2021

I'm getting around fairly well on just one crutch these days, so yesterday morning I did a little weeding out front.  I concentrated on the tall weeds, and (though all of Sunday's water had already been absorbed by the thirsty ground) most of the them pulled out easily, with their roots intact. 

In the backyard I scraped dirt and weeds out one of the 'cracks', then dosed it liberally with vinegar to discourage future growth.  Of course when I got into the pool to cool off I also scooped the latest crop of leaves out of the pool.


Since my foot was sore from the workout at PT on Monday, Jim thought it prudent to do upper body again instead.  I did let him know that I'll be missing my next two sessions: next Sunday is the 4th of July (though the gym will be open, we'll be celebrating Tom's birthday) and next Tuesday I'll be having PT (they will be closed on Monday, my usual day, for the holiday.)



Alex gave Brownie a bath yesterday, and now his coat looks and feels spiffy - 

and he certainly smells better!  


Alex reported that the bath water had turned really dirty - 


and there was a lot of hair left behind in the tub when I cleaned up afterward.


I'm hoping that together Alex and I can get that perfect photo of Brownie
 to use with my gift certificate - before it expires!



Today was another 4:30 morning.  Sigh...  


At least I have plenty of time <lol> 

to get some things done around the house 

before heading off to quilting.  

It's Charity Day at Foothills, and I plan to help out by making up some kits.

No comments:

Post a Comment