Sunday, June 6, 2021

Saturday morning I attached the third row ~


Next I needed to make up one last sashing to insert between rows #4 and #5.  I added pieces from both sides so I wouldn't have to keep starting/stopping, but when I went to iron it I discovered that it wasn't quite the time saver I envisioned. <g>


At least it was an easy fix. 


Once the sashing was ready I did sew it to one row, but then quit for the day.  But this morning is a new day, and there is a high probability of finishing the main section of the top today.




Tom as awakened very early this morning with sad news.  His oldest brother, John, (81?) had a heart attack early this morning and passed away.  No details yet, but there will be some sort of military funeral so at some point he will be flying to Seattle.




The irrigation system repairs (like so many things) are taking longer than expected.

Repairs to the irrigation pump & shaft unfortunately are going to take longer than expected.  We will begin irrigating on the 14th with the west side.  [Which means we should get water the week of the 21st.]Sorry for the inconvenience, again we are doing our best to see that irrigation service is back up and running as quickly as possible.  We thank you for your patience and understanding.

So before it got too hot this morning I did some watering out front.  Despite our recent (and continuing) run of triple digit temps around 107, most of the plants aren't looking too bad - though I expect them to really perk up now.



And now it's time to sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment